Good Afternoon SV Community,
We would like to thank our spring student athletes, excluding Track, who is still participating, for working so hard and being dedicated during the spring season. Please note that Track will have regionals this week and states the following week. Also- see below for important 2019 athletic information. Make sure to follow us on social media and visit our website for up to date schedules and events. Please make sure you are checking in with your student athletes teachers and monitoring their academics via the mymcps parental portal . There should be no excuse for not being aware of the academic progress of your student athlete.
The playoffs have begun for our Screaming Eagle Spring teams. Please note the information below:
Track and Field will have their Regional Championships on Wednesday, May 15th and Friday, May 17th at Oakdale HS.
Make sure to use the link below for all important MPSSAA playoff information
IMPORTANT 2019-2020 REMINDERS
Hard to believe that the 2018-19 athletic year is coming to an end very soon.
That means it is time to start thinking about the Fall season.
Please note these very IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- The online registration window for Fall sports will open in mid-July. Please be on the lookout for communications via our website and social media.
- The First day of Fall sports is August 14th.
- This means summer ends on August 13th
- Vacations need to be planned prior to August 14th.
- Being on vacation is not an excuse and students will be held accountable for missing
- No excuses
- Commitment needs to be there.
- Specific schedule will be out in mid- to late July
- All sports Kick of Celebration -August 28th- 2pm- SVHS Auditorium
- We will continue the tradition started last year-with great success
- This is mandatory for Fall student athletes-and highly recommended for all others
- By attending- student athletes will not have to attend any other pre-season meetings for the rest of the year
- Free T-shirt
- Guest Speakers
- Lead Em Up
- Great way to kick off the year!
Please note that all coaching contacts are conveniently located on our athletic website www.svhsathletics.org
Seneca Valley High School has the following coaching opportunities available. Qualified and interested candidates should apply online through MCPS Careers and contact Jesse Irvin, Athletic Director. (email@example.com) Please feel free to share this information with anyone who would be a good candidate.
Fall 2019 – Starts August 14, 2019
JV Field Hockey
V Field Hockey
Assistant Cross Country
JV Boys Soccer
Winter 2019-2020- Starts November 15rh, 2020
DON’T MISS OUT!
As always make sure to follow us on twitter @svhsathletics, Facebook- Seneca Valley Screaming Eagle Athletics, frequent our website www.svhsathletics.org and make sure to sign up for eagles bulletin via this link for ALL Seneca Valley news/notes- https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EaglesBulletin/conversations/messages
Or To sign up for the Eagles Bulletin:
Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Athletic Director Jesse Irvin if you have any questions or concerns.