Good Afternoon SV Community,
We hope that everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend. Our 2018-2019 Athletic Season has come to an end. Congratulations to our Seniors and to the rest of our student athletes on a great year. With that said, we are already planning for the Fall 2019 season. Please see below for important summer and fall tryout information. Also please note, that we still have three weeks remaining in the marking period, and 4th qtr grades determine eligibility for the Fall season. Please make sure you are checking in with your student athletes teachers and monitoring their academics via the mymcps parental portal . There should be no excuse for not being aware of the academic progress of your student athlete.
Our Final team, Track and Field Finished up this weekend at the State Finals at Morgan State University. The weekend was highlighted by a few outstanding performances.
Alycia Rivera- placed sixth in the high jump and matched her school record with a ht of 5’ 2”
Chrystiana Soglo- placed 4th in Shot put
Deborah Gnoumou won the 2A 100 Hurdle to take home the State Championship in that event.
STUDENT ATHLETE INFORMATION FORM 2019
SVHS Student athletes, if you are interested in participating in Fall sports next fall, please complete the Google form, via the link below. This will allow coaches to be able to contact you and keep you posted on important summer workouts and tryout dates and information.
IMPORTANT 2019-2020 REMINDERS
The 2018-19 season has come to and end!
That means it is time to start thinking about the Fall season.
Please note these very IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- The online registration window for Fall sports will open July 15th. Please make sure to be registered on the mymcps parental portal in order to register for fall sports.
- The First day of Fall sports is August 14th.
- This means summer ends on August 13th
- Vacations need to be planned prior to August 14th.
- Being on vacation is not an excuse and students will be held accountable for missing
- No excuses
- Commitment needs to be there.
- Specific schedule will be out in mid- to late July
- All sports Kick of Celebration -August 28th- 2pm- SVHS Auditorium
- We will continue the tradition started last year-with great success
- This is mandatory for Fall student athletes-and highly recommended for all others
- By attending- student athletes will not have to attend any other pre-season meetings for the rest of the year
- Free T-shirt
- Guest Speakers
- Lead Em Up
- Great way to kick off the year!
Please note that all coaching contacts are conveniently located on our athletic website www.svhsathletics.org
Seneca Valley High School has the following coaching opportunities available. Qualified and interested candidates should apply online through MCPS Careers and contact Jesse Irvin, Athletic Director. (email@example.com) Please feel free to share this information with anyone who would be a good candidate.
Fall 2019 – Starts August 14, 2019
JV Field Hockey
V Field Hockey
Assistant Cross Country
Winter 2019-2020- Starts November 15th, 2020
Spring 2020- Starts February 28th, 2020
Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Girls Varsity Lacrosse
Assistant Track and Field- Throwers
Assistant Track and Field-Distance
DON’T MISS OUT!
As always make sure to follow us on twitter @svhsathletics, Facebook- Seneca Valley Screaming Eagle Athletics, frequent our website www.svhsathletics.org and make sure to sign up for eagles bulletin via this link for ALL Seneca Valley news/notes- https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EaglesBulletin/conversations/messages
Or To sign up for the Eagles Bulletin:
Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Athletic Director Jesse Irvin if you have any questions or concerns.