Good Afternoon SV Community,
Hard to believe but we have reached the final week of the school year. The year went by so fast, but is not quite over yet. A reminder that 4th quarter grades determine eligibility for Fall sports. Please see below for important summer and fall tryout information.. Please make sure you are checking in with your student athletes teachers and monitoring their academics via the mymcps parental portal . There should be no excuse for not being aware of the academic progress of your student athlete.
The Seneca Valley Athletic Department had their first two meetings with the newly formed Captains council. This is a group of 47 student athletes who will be working directly with the Athletic and School Administrative staff in order to help revive Seneca Valley Athletics and help with school spirit. The group will also take leadership training and help define what a true Screaming Eagle Captain should be. The group will be meeting four time during the summer to help plan events for the upcoming school year. The Seneca Valley Athletic Department is extremely excited to begin work with the group.
STUDENT ATHLETE INFORMATION FORM 2019
SVHS Student athletes, if you are interested in participating in Fall sports next fall, please complete the Google form, via the link below. This will coaches to be able to contact you and keep you posted on important summer workouts and tryout dates and information.
IMPORTANT 2019-2020 REMINDERS
Please note these very IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- The online registration window for Fall sports will open July 15th. Please make sure to be registered on the mymcps parental portal in order to register for fall sports.
- The First day of Fall sports is August 14th.
- This means summer ends on August 13th
- Vacations need to be planned prior to August 14th.
- Being on vacation is not an excuse and students will be held accountable for missing
- No excuses
- Commitment needs to be there.
- Specific schedule will be out in mid- to late July
- All sports Kick of Celebration -August 28th- 2pm- SVHS Auditorium
- We will continue the tradition started last year-with great success
- This is mandatory for Fall student athletes-and highly recommended for all others
- By attending- student athletes will not have to attend any other pre-season meetings for the rest of the year
- Free T-shirt
- Guest Speakers
- Lead Em Up
- Great way to kick off the year!
Please note that all coaching contacts are conveniently located on our athletic website www.svhsathletics.org
Seneca Valley High School has the following coaching opportunities available. Qualified and interested candidates should apply online through MCPS Careers and contact Jesse Irvin, Athletic Director. (email@example.com) Please feel free to share this information with anyone who would be a good candidate.
Fall 2019 – Starts August 14, 2019
JV Field Hockey
Winter 2019-2020- Starts November 15th, 2020
Spring 2020- Starts February 28th, 2020
Boys Varsity Lacrosse
Girls Varsity Lacrosse
Assistant Track and Field- Throwers
Assistant Track and Field-Distance
DON’T MISS OUT!
As always make sure to follow us on twitter @svhsathletics, Facebook- Seneca Valley Screaming Eagle Athletics, frequent our website www.svhsathletics.org and make sure to sign up for eagles bulletin via this link for ALL Seneca Valley news/notes- https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EaglesBulletin/conversations/messages
Or To sign up for the Eagles Bulletin:
Send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Athletic Director Jesse Irvin if you have any questions or concerns.