Good evening SV Community,
It has been a great start to Spring Sports! The weather has been great, with outside practices and a few early scrimmages. The teams are taking advantage of the nice weather and preparing for the first games, which begin next Friday, March 20th. Please make sure to visit our website www.svhsathletics.org.
We ended up having a nice turnout of student athletes and are looking for field some solid teams. Unfortunately however, we will be unable to field a JV Softball team or a Boys Volleyball team due to lack of participation. We will continue to strive to push those sports in the future to make sure we have our team rosters filled.
A few important notes and reminders:
- There will be a Student Athlete meeting tomorrow at lunch and Wednesday at lunch in room 131. This is for any student athlete that did not attend the summer kickoff celebration or one of the make ups for Fall and Winter Sports. They are only required to attend one. Failure to attend will lead to them being ineligible to participate in a spring sport. Please contact the coach of your student athletes sport if you need clarification on whether they need to attend.
- Picture day is March 16th. Please see schedule below. During pictures, each team will be kicking off their respective fundraisers as well.
- Track- 245-300
- Varsity Baseball 300-310
- Coed Volleyball 310-320
- JV Baseball 320-3:30
- Boys V Lax 3:30-3:40
- Boys JV Lax 3:40-350
- Varsity Softball 350-400
- Girls V Lax- 400-410
- Girls jv lax 420-430
- JV Softball-430—440
- Meet the Coaches Night- March 16th 6:30 pm. Please see the link letter detailing the event. Please note that all spring student athletes must have a Parent/guardian present and they must sign off on an electronic contract in order for the student athlete to participate in a spring sport.
- Attendance Policy. A reminder that all student athletes are required to be in all seven classes each day and on time. Student athletes who miss a class period or more and DO NOT have a signed doctors note will NOT BE allowed to participate in a practice or game that day. Each student must also make sure to be on time. Our tardy policy allows for two “free” tardies per week, if they receive a third, they will be suspended for a contest
- Behavior policy- Student athletes are expected to be positive representatives of the school and handle themselves in and out of the classroom appropriately. Failure to do so may lead to removal from a team.
- ACADEMICS: Academics is so important and it also important that you as a parent/guardian make sure you checking on your students grades via the MyMCPS parental portal. https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/
Please make sure to follow us on twitter, Instagram, Facebook and via Eagles bulletin for important Seneca valley Athletic News and Information. Please also visit our website www.svhsathletics.org for all coaching, student athletes and scheduling information.
Seneca Valley High School
Follow us @SVHSathletics